Based on Julia Cameron's book "The Artist's Way", the practice of Morning Pages, involves writing 3 pages of longhand stream-of-consciousness. It can do wonders for clearing your mind and lowering anxiety.
Ideas for getting started with morning pages
- The hardest part of it all is simply getting the thoughts out of your own head and on the paper. When you're getting started, it can help to have some questions to answer, such as:
- What are you thankful for?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What are you worried about?
- For more prompts to get you started, check out the WordSmith Deck for 150 ideas.
As Julia Cameron said,
"Art is not about thinking something up. It is the opposite — getting something down."