When you strip it right back, the common factor that stands between you and your dreams is YOU. Your fears. Your doubts. Your limiting beliefs. Your motivation. Your willpower etc.
It’s always you, which is why the power is also with you.
When you stir up the courage to face your fears and step to the edge of your comfort zone, you shatter the glass ceiling.
When you prioritize doing over doubting, you can move mountains.
Making the choice to get your fear in check is a powerful decision. Give yourself permission to FEEL and SEE your fear, but don’t BE it.
This bold move will empower your best self to shine.
Check out these quotes designed to put courage over comfort. Which is your favorite?
- “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” - Marie Curie
- “The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” - Joseph Campbell
- “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” - Jack Canfield.
- “Above all, don’t fear difficult moments. The best comes from them.” - Rita Levi-Montalcini
- “He who is not conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones." - Thich Nhat Hanh
- “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” - Louisa may Alcott
- “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” - Louis E. Boone
- “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
- “People living deeply have no fear of death.” - Anais Nin.
- “The best way out is always through.” - Robert Frost
- “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” - Plato
- “Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears.” - Rudyard Kipling.
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” - Rosa Parks
- “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find that he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” - Henry Ford.
- “Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it… that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.” - Dale Carnegie
- “Fear has two meanings: ‘Forget Everything And Run’ or ‘Face Everything And Rise.’ The choice is yours.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.” - Steve Jobs
- “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela
- “If you’re not willing to risk, you cannot grow. If you cannot grow, you cannot be your best. If you cannot be your best, you cannot be happy. If you cannot be happy, what else is there?” - Les Brown
- “Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” – Dale Carnegie
- “There is no illusion greater than fear.” – Lao Tzu
- “I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J. K. Rowling
- “I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I say I am stronger than fear.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne
- “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” - Marcus Aurelius
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?” - Marianne Williamson